2007|09|10|12|
2008|01|02|03|
2009|01|05|08|10|11|12|
2010|01|02|03|04|09|11|12|
2011|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|
2012|01|02|03|04|06|07|08|10|11|12|
2013|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|
2014|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|
2015|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|
2016|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|
2017|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|

2017-09-01 ―― 今日は休め! これは命令だ!! もし、今日学校行ったら、もう二度と学校には行かせないぞ!! [長年日記]

About the yesterday's diary, I was talking with the second daughter(SD).

次女:「大人の自殺は、どうでもいいの?」

SD:"Do you take care about adults"?

江端:「そういう訳ではないが、心理的なしきい値は下がるかな」

Ebata: "That is not true, but psychological thresholds will go down"

次女:「子どもと大人で、違いがある訳?」

SD: "What is a difference between children and adults?"

江端:「自殺から逃げる手段(システムや制度)って結構ある。しかし、子どもはそれを良く知らないし、教師は知らせない(*1)。仮に知っていたとしても、その手段を使った経験もない」

Ebata: "There are quite a lot of means to escape from suicide (systems and institutions), but children do not know it well, teachers do not tell them (*1). Even if children know it, they have no experience using that means"

(*1)「子どもが学校に来ない」ということは、教師の存在意義が損なわれるし、教師としての管理能力がどうのこうのと責められるから。

"Child does not come to school" means that the teacher is useless. In addition, they were accused of lack of management skills.

次女:「大人だって知らないでしょう?」

SD: "Adults are same aren't they?"

江端:「大人のそれは『勉強不足』。子どもより長く生きているんだから、自力で調べる時間はあったはず」

Ebata:"For adults", it is lack of study. Because they are living longer than children, there should have been time to study it on their own."

-----

加えて、保護者は、『どうしても嫌だったら休んでいいんだよ』という言葉に、『とにかく学校だけは行け』というメッセージを乗せようとする傾向があります。

In addition, parents tend to push a message their child "Anyway you go to school" with saying "If you really do not like it, you can take a day off."

私は、この『どうしても嫌だったら』というフレーズが、最終的に、子どもに「とどめ」を差していると思うのです。

I think that this phrase of "if you don't like it", will give a "death" to the child finally.

だって、上司に、『どうしても嫌だったら、この仕事はしなくていいんだよ』って言われて、「どうしても嫌だから、その仕事はしませんでした」と言える日本人が、我が国にどれだけいるのか、考えれば分かりそうなことです ――

When your boss told you, "If you do not want to do this job, you do not have to do this work", can you say "I did not want to do this job, so I did not do this work"? How many people can say this phrase in Japan?

というか、本当に分からないのか、保護者たち。

Or, do not you know really, the guardian ?

大人のくせに。

Though you are an adult.

『傍若無人、傲岸不遜』と言われ続けてきた、この私ですら、そんなこと言えません(滅多に)。

Even I, who has been continued being said as "insolent and arrogance", can not say such things (rarely).

-----

だから、挙動不安な子どもに対して、保護者が言うべきフレーズは、これです。

Therefore, the phrase that parents should say to children who are uneasy about behavior, are following.

―― 今日は休め! これは命令だ!! もし、今日学校行ったら、もう二度と学校には行かせないぞ!!

"Take a day off today! This is an order! If you go to school today, I will never make you go to school again!"

このように怒鳴りつけて、子どもにイクスキューズを与えて、子どもを助ける。

You yells like this, and gives your child an excuse to help them.

そういう保護者になりましょう。

Let's become such a guardian.

お互いに。

each other.


2017-09-02 『わたくしにとって敵なのは、あなたの名前だけ。たとえモンタギュー家の人でいらっしゃらなくても、あなたはあなたのまま』 [長年日記]

次女が、英語の宿題として英語の本一冊の感想文が課せられているそうです。

The second daughter should do a homework for summer vacation, to write impressions of an English book.

選んできたのが「ロミオとジュリエット」

She chose "Romeo and Juliet" and I though

―― 一体何考えているんだ?

"What on earth is she thinking?"

と思いました。

シェイクスピアといえば、その翻訳や解釈で、今や一つの学問として成立しているくらいなのに、なんで、よりによってそんな面倒くさいものと選ぶんだ、この娘は?

Speaking of Shakespeare, it is now established as a single discipline for the translation and interpretation. Why is she going to choose that much more troublesome, this girl?

と思って、ざっくり見たら、一応、簡易バージョンだったようです。

When I looked at the book, I noticed that it was a simple version.

で、まあ、仕方がないので、解釈を手伝っていたりするのですが、翻訳しているこっちが恥しくなるような台詞の山で、ウンザリしています。

Anyway, I have no choice, so I am helping with interpretation, However, there are a lot of shameful lines in the book, so they annoy me.

-----

When I said,

『わたくしにとって敵なのは、あなたの名前だけ。たとえモンタギュー家の人でいらっしゃらなくても、あなたはあなたのまま』

"The only enemy for me is your name. Even if you are not a Montague, you remain yourself."

と、訳していたら、

次女に、

She said to me

「気持ち悪い 」

"Creepy"

と言われました。

-----

一体、私にどうしろと。

What do you expect me ?


2017-09-03 『"紅天女"なんぞに、どれだけのコストと時間をかけているんだ?』と ―― [長年日記]

ガラスの仮面に出てくる「大都芸能」は、大丈夫なんだろうか ――

"Daito-Performing Arts Co." in a comic "Mask of glass" is O.K. isn't it?

と、いらん心配をしています。

I am worried about unnecessary.

まず、海外展開の場面が出てこない。

First of all, scenes of overseas expansion do not come out.

アイドルビジネスに参入している様子もない。

No appearance of entering idle business.

インターネットへのコンテンツビジネスも、まったくやっている様子ないし。

He seems not to be interested in the Internet content business at all.

"紅天女"などという、大衆受けしそうにない舞台演劇に、こともあろうに、社長が固執している。

As the case may be, the president sticks to a stage play which is unlikely to be popular, "Red Milky Woman".

というか、そもそも「芸能プロダクション」なんてビジネスが、今時立ち行くのか?

To begin with, will "entertainment production" go well now ?

-----

『"紅天女"なんぞに、どれだけのコストと時間をかけているんだ?』と ――

"How much money and time are you spending on "Red Milky Woman"? "

よく、株主は怒り出さないなぁ、と思う。

Why do shareholders get angry ?

私が株主なら、速水真澄の解任動議を発議する。

If I were a shareholder, I would make a motion to dismiss "Masumi Hayami".


2017-09-04 もしかしたら、これは「武装化された江端宅」が理由ではないか、と推察しています。 [長年日記]

Recently, no solicitation of religion, sales, have come.

まあ、訪問時に、私が不在である確率が高いだけかもしれませんが、

Well, I might think that there is a high probability of being absent at the time of visit.

それにしても、全く来なくなったのは変だな ―― と思っていました。

Even so, I felt strange that no one has come.

もしかしたら、これは「武装化された江端宅」が理由ではないか、と推察しています。

Perhaps, I came to think that the reason was "armed Ebata's house".

-----

Three posters of "I'm watching you!" that had been modified including my face by me, are put on the wall around the entrance hall.

# ちなみに、このファイルの原本、ここにありますので、このビラの目的の範囲内で自由に使って下さい。

監視カメラやセンサが、玄関や庭に、これみよがしに配置されています。

Surveillance cameras and sensors are arranged in this way in the entrance and the garden for show.

-----

これだけ徹底的な自宅武装を実施している家の家長と、

Against the house leader who owns this "armed house" thoroughly,

直接対決しようという、

The person of solicitation of religion or sales, who is trying to battle directly,

セールスや宗教団体はいないかもしれんなぁー とか、思っています。

doesn't exist, unfortunately


2017-09-05 ―― サンクコストの呪縛 [長年日記]

The other day, I wrote about the movie "In This Corner of the World".

この映画の中で、ただ一回だけ、主人公「スズ」が激昂するシーンが登場します。

In this movie, only one time, "Suzu" who is a heroin, is driven by wild emotion.

そのシーンを見た瞬間、私は、

At the moment I watched the scene, I reminded the phrase,

―― サンクコストの呪縛

"Sunk-Cost Fallacy"

という言葉が思い浮かびました。

-----

サンクコストとは、文字通り「埋没費用」であり、ぶっちゃけていえば、「無駄になった投資コスト」のことです。

"Sunk-Cost" is literally "sunk cost", and to be honest, it means "wasted investment cost".

例えば、

For example,

●私は20年間も芸人を続けてきた。同じ様な芸歴をもっている芸人でも、毎年、一人か二人は、ブレークしている。来年こそ、私は、ブレークするかもしれない。もし、ここで芸人を止めてしまったら、私の20年間は何だったのだ。

I have been a performer for twenty years. one or two people who has same career like me, become a smash hit every year, Next year, I may become a smash hit. If you stopped the entertainer here, what was my life for this 20 years?

●私は、これまで10年間、司法試験の勉強をやってきた。11年目の今年、司法試験を諦めてしまったら、これまでの10年間の勉強は、一体何だったのだ?

I have been studying about judicial exam for ten years. If I give up the judicial exam this year in the 11th , what was the past ten years for me?

●我が社は、この技術開発に社運をかけて、膨大な予算と人材ををつぎ込んで、研究を続けてきた。もし、ここで止めてしまったら、私達の会社は、明日からどうすれば良いのだ?

Our company has been doing research on this technology, putting enormous budget and talent into the company. If we stop it here, what should our company do from tomorrow?

●我が国が、今後数千年間海外にエネルギーを依存しなくてすむ、高速増殖炉の実用化を、毎日(×毎年)5000万円の税金を投入して続けてきた。ここでやめてしまったら、これまでの投入してきた1兆円を越える莫大な税金は、一体何だったのだ?

Japan has continued to put in taxes of 50 million yen every day (×every year) to put the fast breeder reactor into practical use, which will realize not rely on overseas energy for thousands of years in the future. If we stopped it here, what was the enormous amount of taxes exceeding 1 trillion yen that we've entered so far?

●最近、同棲中の彼は失業した。そして、DVなどをふるうようになってきた。別れるべきだと思う。しかし、今さら彼と別れて、新しい男性を見つけるなど、今の私に可能だろうか。そして、彼と結婚しなかったら、私が彼と交際を続けてきた7年間は、何だったのだ?

Recently, he who lives together, lost his job, and he came to use violence. I think I should be separated. But, I wonder if I can find a new man who will live with me. Moreover if I had not married to him, what was my seven years that I continued to associate with him?

などです。

And so on.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-06 主人公「スズ」にとって受け入れることが可能だった解 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

「サンクコストの呪縛」とは、

"Sunk-Cost Fallacy" is that,

(1)未来に対して、問題が好転する材料も、好転させる手段も絶無であったとしても、

(1)even if there is no method and expectation to resolve a problem that stares their in the face, in the future,

(2)自分でも予想もし得ない、未来の幸運に期待をかけて、

(2)they will do at the risk of their life against a lucky that even they don't know, and

(3)その状態をズルズルと続けてしまうこと

(3)the continues the present situation thoughtlessly

であり、

そして、その結果、

And as a result

(4)最終的に破滅(名誉や面子の喪失、倒産、自殺)してしまう

(4)They might come to be ruined. for example, loss of face, bankruptcy and suicide.

かもしれない、という悲劇があります。

Anyway this is absolutely tragedy.

-----

世の中、公私の違いや、事の大小はあれども、どこを見たって「サンクコストの呪縛」だらけです。

Though there are some categories, for example, "public and private", or "trivial or severe", the world is made with a lot of "Sunk-Cost Fallacy".

私達は、運命的に、この悲劇から逃がれることはできないことになっているのです。

We are destined to not be able to escape from this tragedy.

サンクコストがどんなに大きかろうが、その悲劇の最終形のコスト(倒産、自殺)を超えることは ―― 論理的には ―― ありえないはずなのですが、

No matter how big the sunk cost is, we should not go beyond the cost the tragedy (bankruptcy, suicide) "logically"

その一方、私達は、そのサンクコストが突き付ける結果(損害の総量)を、直視することができないのです。

On the other hand, we can not look at the result (the total amount of damage) of "sunk cost" directly.

-----

だから、

Therefore,

主人公「スズ」にとって受け入れることが可能だった解は、

Only two solutions that the heroin "Suzu" could accept, are

(1)日本が太平洋戦争で勝利すること

(1)Japan would win in the Pacific War

か、

or

(2)戦争によって殺されること

(2)She was killed by the War

の2つしかなかったのだ ―― と、私は思うのです。

I thought that.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-07 それどころか「一生懸命は、結局のところ『損』である」と斜に構えるになるでしょう。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

彼女失ったモノの総量は、あまりにも大きすぎて、到底、上記の(1)(2)で取り返せるようなものではないのですが、彼女に、残されている解は、そのくらいしか残されていなかった ――

The total amount of things she lost was too big, so it was impossible to be recovered by the above (1) (2), however, these two are only solutions she left in her hand.

『サンクコストの呪縛』と言うだけでは、足りないのかもしれません。

"Sunk-Cost Fallacy" might be not enough for her tragedy.

-----

ちなみに、「サンクコストの呪縛」を乗り超えたとしても、今度は、別の場所で問題を発生させます。

By the way, even if we overcome "Sunk-Cost Fallacy", another problem will happen in another place next time.

例えば、『自分が心血を注いで何年も取り組んだ仕事が、経営陣の判断で断念させられる』 ―― なんてことは、日常茶飯事です。

For example, it is a daily routine that, "a work that I have worked on for years by pouring my heart is abandoned by senior management."

あるいは、『自分がなんとか軌道に載せた仕事から外されて、別のプロジェクトの立ち上げに回される』なんてこともザラです。

Or, it is the case that "I was removed from work that I managed to keep on track, and was ordered to launch another project"

こんなことが続けば、誰だって、「一生懸命にがんばる」などということに価値があるとは思わなくなります。

If these things continues, nobody will think that "trying hard" is worth.

それどころか「一生懸命は、結局のところ『損』である」と斜に構えるになるでしょう。

On the contrary, "hard working eventually will be a "loss" and we are going to be cynical about any working.

-----

ですから、発想を逆転させましょう。

So, let's try a reverse thinking.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-08 「自分には、これしかない! 」(類例:「私には、あの人しかいない!」) [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

私達は、サンク(沈む)コストしか発生しないモノに ―― リターンを一切期待しないモノに ―― 私達の「一生懸命」を捧げれば良いのです。

We only need to devote our "hard work" to things that do not expect any return - to things that only generate thunk (sink) costs.

「一生懸命」を捧げて良いものは、

What we should not devote "hard" are,

(いつも貧困なイメージで申し訳ないのですが)、同人誌、コスプレ、フィギュア、趣味の写真、登山、野球・サッカー等の観戦、そして、日記(ブログ)や、コラム、週末のセキュリティシステムなど、

(I am sorry for always being a poor image)、Doujinshi, cosplay, figures, photos of hobbies, climbing, watching baseball / soccer etc., diary (blog), column, weekend security system,

そして、私たちが「一生懸命」を捧げてはいけないものは、投資、ギャンブル、資格、経営、そして恋愛です。

And what we should not devote "hard" are investment, gambling, qualification, management, and romance.

誰からも期待されず、しかし、誰からも妨害されず、経費だけがかかり、そして、それがリターンされることはない、そういうモノだけに、私達は本気になれば良いと思うのです。

Even if they happen to costs, the things not to be expected from anyone, the things not to be interfered by anyone,the things never to never be returned, I think that we should become serious only to such things.

そういうものに本気になれるか? という反論はさておき。

Aside from the refutation that "can we be serious about such things?"

で、それ以外のことについては、過度に期待せず、斜めに構えて、「いずれ、取り戻すチャンスもくるだろう」という言葉を心の中に秘めて、私たちは飄々と生きていけばいいのです。

We try to forget all things except for the above things, without excessive expectation and with not serious, hold the phrase "any opportunity will come" in the mind, and live our life as carefree persons.

-----

大丈夫です。

There is no problem.

私の経験上、

In my experience, the maximum duration of zeal

「自分には、これしかない! 」(類例:「私には、あの人しかいない!」)

"This is for my life!" (Example: "You are my life!")

という想いの継続時間は、

最長2年です。

is just two years.


2017-09-09 「"Cc"の使い魔」 [長年日記]

私がCc:(カーボンコピー)を付けて出すメールを、Cc:を外して返信してくる人がいます。

When I send a mail with "Cc:", some people return a reply-mail without "Cc:".

で、また私がCc:を付けて返信する訳ですが、再びCc:を外して返信してきます。

And I return the mail with "Cc:", they return the reply-mail without "Cc:" again.

―― これは、何かの「ナゾかけ」か?

"Is this a blind message to me?"

と、思うことがあるのですが、

Sometimes I think that.

まあ、大抵の場合、こういう人は、「全員に返信」という返信方法があることを知らないか、あるいは、その「概念」を知らないか、のどちらかです。

However, in most cases, the persons like this, don't know the way to send the message to all mail-addresses. or don't know the concept.

ほとんどの人には「悪意」はないです ―― が、私にとって、「Cc:を無意識に消去する人」は、結構、やっかいなんですよ。

Almost people like this, don't have any malice. But for me, "the person who delete "Cc:" unconsciously" will annoy me.

-----

私、これまで、色々なプロジェクトの事務局をやらされ・・もとい、やってきたのですが、プロジェクトの運用のほとんど(ほぼ100%)を、メールだけで片付けることから、

Until now, I was ordered by my bosses ..(restating).., I tried to become "Director of Secretariat(D.S.)" of many projects, I always manage them by e-mail, so I call myself

「"Cc"の使い魔」

"familiar spirit of "Cc:""

と、自称しています。

# この他、「王禅寺の特許明細書量産機」など。

One of others, is a "patent production maker in Ozenzi-woods"

私の場合、送信宛の人の他に、多くの人を巻き込んでメールを送ります。

In my case, I will send a mail to , not only the destination address, also all project members address.

これが、江端式の「メールガマバンス(メール政治)」の運用術です。

This is the method of "mail governance" of Ebata's style.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-10 私がやっているのは、「メールによる恐怖政治」です。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

例えば、

For example,

---- 例1 ----

---- Example 2 ----

To: Mr_A@kobore.net

Cc: project_X@kobore.net

■Aさん

Dear Mr.A

本日正午締切の提出の資料の格納先は、\\prject_X\20170910 ですよ。

The directory you will submit your materials whose deadline is today noon,

is "\\prject_X\20170910"

江端

Regards, Ebata

-------------

というメールを、私の指定した締切の直後(1分後)とかに、送付する訳ですよ。

I send the above message, soon after the noon.(12:01, for example)

穏やかなフレーズの向こう側に『ひきつった笑顔の 事務局江端』の存在感をバッチリ示す、という点が特徴です。

This is a characteristic that "to show him/her the existance of Ebata of the D.S. who get angry with smiling, over the peaceful phrase".

しかも、そのメールをプロジェクト全員に向けても発信する訳です。

This mail broadcasts to all members of the project, too.

皆さんは、もう分かりますね。

Wel, you know.

私がやっているのは、「メールによる恐怖政治」です。

What I am doing is a "reign of terror by e-mail".

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-11 どうです。この悪意の満ちた、事務局の運用方式は。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

---- 例2 ----

---- Example 2 ----

To: A-san@kobore.net

Cc: project@kobore.net

■Aさん

Dear Mr.A

締切、厳しいようでしたら、延長しても構いませんので、当方に、提出時間を通知して下さい。

If the deadline is severe for you , please inform me of the submission time, since it can be extended,

江端

Ebata

-------------

これは、自分で締切を宣言させる、という高等テクニックです。

This is a high technique to let them declare their deadline themrselves.

もっとも、このようなメールは、江端個人宛(Cc:なし)で送付されてくることが多いのですが(当然でしょう)、私は逃がしません。

Although such emails are often sent to only Ebata (without Cc:) (it is natural, of course), I will not let them escape.

このようなメールに対しては、私の方でCc:を付けて、返信をします。

For such e-mails, I will reply with Cc: attached.

---- 例3 ----

---- Example 3 ----

To: A-san@kobore.net

Cc: project@kobore.net

■Aさん

Dear Mr.A

拝承致しました。では、本日の夜、自宅で提出して頂いた資料をレビューして、その後、編集を開始致します。

よろしくお願い申し上げます。

江端

I understood. Then, I will review your materials at home this evening, then start editing.

Thank you for your consideration.

Ebata

> 江端さん

> 申し訳ありません。本日の帰宅までには、なんとか提出しますので、

> しばらくお待ち頂けますよう、お願い申し上げます。

> Mr.Ebata

> I'm sorry but I will submit it by the end of today's home,

> We appreciate your patience as we wait for a while.

-------------

どうです。この悪意の満ちた、事務局の運用方式は。

How do you like this malicious full of operation system of the secretariat?

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-12 『政治はやはり難しいなぁ』と実感することは、結構あります。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

こんなメールを送り続けられたら、プロジェクトのメンバは本当にたまったものではありません。

If this mail continues everyday, the members of the project are not really tolerable.

無論、全員が、このような運用に・・・もとい、江端に対して、嫌悪や憎悪を抱くのは当然です。

It makes sense that all members come to feel hate and disgust against this type of management .... (restating) Ebata himself.

しかし、私は、そのような怨嗟の込められたメールすらも、「公開」してしまうので ―― 誰も、正面切って、私に立ち向かうことができないのです。

However I also open the mail with even the feeling of hate and disgust, nobody can say something openly against me.

-----

もっとも、このような運用をするからには、私も、色々工夫をします。

Of course, I have to continue my efforts for this mail governance.

例えば、メールの最後のところに、その日にあった、江端の日常や、家族の失敗談を、「小話」として記載したりしています。

For example, I will add an amusing "small talk", which is Ebata's daily accident or my family's failure story at the bottom of my mail.

いわゆる、「メールマガジン」風にして、江端からのメールを、自動的にゴミ箱フォルダに回されるのを回避するようにしています。

Like the style of "mail magazine", I will avoid that my mail is doomed to be scrapped toward a trash box automatically,

------

ただ、この方式にも問題があります。

However, there is also a problem with this method.

江端:「その件については、何度もメールで通達したよね」

Ebata: "I think I have already told you the matter many times by e-mail,"

後輩:「すみません。私、江端さんからのメールは、後ろから読むクセがついていまして、本文を読み飛ばしていました」

Junior: "I'm sorry, I have a habit of reading the Ebata-san's e-mail from the bottom from, so I skipped the contents."

その話を聞いて、今度は、「小話」の登場場所を毎回変化させる、などという工夫もしなければならなくなりました。

After hearing that story, I also had to to change the place of "small talk" every time.

------

このように、「メールガバナンス(メール政治)」であっても、『政治はやはり難しいなぁ』と実感することは、結構あります。

In this way, even if it is "mail governance (e-mail politics)", there are quite a lot of things that I think deeply "politics is still difficult".


2017-09-13 "Why am I making the concept of a screenplay?" [長年日記]

Previously, I wrote such a diary,

どうやら、次女の学祭での脚本を担当することになったことが、きっかけだったようです。

Apparently, it seemed that she was in charge of the screenplay of "Romeo and Juliet" at the school festival of the second daughter.

まあ、何をやろうが、彼女の自由なのですが、

Well, whatever she does, she's free

―― なんで、私、脚本のコンセプト作りまでやらされているんだ?

"Why am I making the concept of a screenplay?"

私、最近のティーンエイジャの家庭の事情に通じていないのですが、最近の保護者は、こういうことまで手伝わされているんでしょうか?

I am not familiar with the circumstances of my recent teenager home, however are the recent guardians being helped like this?

-----

そういえば、私も中学3年生の時の学際の時、全校生徒の前で「漫才」やって好評だったようですし(PTA新聞のトップに写真入りで掲載されていた)、色々な寸劇の演出やら出演やら、いろいろやってきたので、

As I recall, when I was a junior high school third grade student, I played a "comedy duo" on the stage in front of all the students, and I heard that my performance gained popularity( it was posted on the top of the PTA newspaper). Besides, I got various stages of productions and performances of various skits.

―― そういう方面が、不得手という訳ではない

"I am rather good at doing works for performance play."

というのは確かだし、一度やり始めると面白いのも確かです。

Once I start doing it, it's also fun to be sure.

そんな訳で、「ロミオとジュリエット」の二次創作案をいくつか案出しましたが、『お前の父親は、お前が考えている以上に、毎日激務なんだぞ』とは、言いたい。

For that reason, we devised several secondary creation plans for "Romeo and Juliet", however, I want to say to her "your father is busier than you think."

-----

「オチにひねりがない」

"Nothing "extraordinary""

と言ってきたのは、次女ではなく、嫁さんでした。

My wife said that, not my daughter.

私だけではなく、嫁さんも、この次女の脚本作成に巻き込まれていたようです。

Not only me but also the wife seemed to be involved in the screenplay of this second daughter.

江端:「では、どんなオチがご所望で?」

Ebata: "What kinds of "extraordinary" do you want?"

Wife: "The scene of stamp of "Very well done" in "Golden Slumber""

-----

できるかー!

Are you kidding !

あれは、神の脚本だー!

That is God's script!

私が100回生れ変わったとしても、あんな凄いオチ、作れるわけないだろーがーー!!

Even if I were reborn 100 times again, I can not make such a wonderful script!

―― と、叫んでいました。

I was crying.


2017-09-14 しかし、これが「論文」となると、もう滅茶苦茶に遅い。絶望的に遅い。 [長年日記]

私は「王禅寺の特許(明細書)量産機」を自称しているので、明細書を書く速度は速いです(内容はさておき)。

Since I'm self-designating "patent (application) mass production machine", the speed of writing it is fast (Regardless of whether the content is good or bad).

日記や連載コラムを書くスピードも、そこそこ速いと自負しています(内容はさておき)。

I am proud that the speed of writing diaries and serial columns is so fast(Regardless of whether the content is good or bad).

しかし、これが「論文」となると、もう滅茶苦茶に遅い。絶望的に遅い。

However, when this becomes a "paper", it is too slow. Desperately slow.

理由は明快で『これまで、書いたことがないから』です。

The reason is clear that "I have never written a paper before."

なぜ『書いたことがないか』というと、そのようなチャンスがなかったというか、逃げてきたというか、まあ、一言で言えば、

The reason of "why I have not written a paper" is, for example, "I had no chance", or I run away from the task", however in a nutshell,

―― 面倒くさい

"Bothersome"

学会発表用のペーパー(カンファレンスペーパー)なら、何度か(といっても数える程ですが)提出したことがあります。

Until now, I have submitted papers for conference presentation (conference papers) several times (although they were just a few times).

採否判定の条件は緩く(判定しないものもある)、提出後は、発表会場でプレゼンをすれば、任務終了です。

Conditions for acceptance / rejection judgement of conference papers are loose (some do not judge), after submission, if you present at presentation place, mission is over.

カンファレンスペーパーの採否判定の条件は緩く(判定しないものもある)、提出後は、発表会場でプレゼンをすれば、任務終了です。

The acceptance / rejection judgement of conference papers are loose (some case they are not judged), after submission, after you present at presentation place, the mission is going to be over.

しかし、論文 ―― いわゆるジャーナルに掲載されるものとなれば、そういう軽いノリでの提出ができないのです。

However, about "paper" that is posted in a thesis - so-called journal, we cannot submit it with easy-going feeling.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-15 『書いたモノは、読んで貰ってこそ、ナンボ』 [長年日記]

『書いたモノは、読んで貰ってこそ、ナンボ』

"What is written should be read by people"

と考えてしまう私は、『そもそも、この論文書いたところで、世界中で10人も読むかな?』と思うと考えてしまいます。

I think the above soon, and I come to think "To begin with, is there more than ten people who try to read my paper in the world ?

そう考えてしまうと、モチベーション上がらないこと、この上もありません。

If I start thinking about the topic. my writing motivation is going down dynamically.

いや、もちろん、私も、これが「暴論」であることは、よく分かっているのです。

Of course, I know well that this is "verbal abuse".

複数のキチンとした査読者(*)を配置し、それなりに権威のある組織によってチェックを受ける「論文」には意義があります(*)。

Any paper is going to be checked by plural intelligent reviews in a authoritative organization as such,

Here is a counter-example.

■仕事であれ、研究であれ、それは、人に伝達可能な状態にして、どの人にとっても、再現可能な状態にしてこそ価値が出てくる訳ですし、

- Any work and research activity comes to be "values" if it become communicable or repeatable outcome.

and

■そして、その仕事であれ研究であれ、誰が見ても「価値がある」ものであることを、氷のように冷たい視点で検証されてこそ、「価値がある」ことの客観性が与えられる訳ですし

- Any work and research activity is given a objective feedback of "valuable", after being checked by many icy eyes.

論文とは、そのようなことを実現する、一つの手段なのです。

A paper is one of the methods to realize the above.

これが、"明細書/コラム/日記"と"論文"の決定的な違いです。

This is a big difference between "patent applications, columns, diaries", and "papers"

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-16 畢竟、私達の世界は、「しきたり」だけで出来ているといっても過言ではありません。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

この他に、論文は、山のように過去の論文を引用することを、要求されます。

Besides this, paper are required to quote a lot of past papers.

提出要項にも『少くとも10~30の論文を引用せよ』と記載されています(本当)。

Also in the requirement, "please quote at 10 to 30 papers" (really).

で、英文の論文であれば、当然に英語の論文を引用しなければならず、その為には、それらの論文を読まなければならず、

So, if I write an English paper, I have to quote English papers naturally and I also have to read all of them.

For "engineers who are not loved by English", this can be said to be one of the hells on the world.

-----

そもそも、私、「人の意見」なんぞ聞かない人間なんですよ。

In the first place, I am a human who does not ask "people's opinion".

だって、聞いていても、楽しくないじゃないですか、他人の正論って。

Because, even if listening to another person's justice?, is it fun for you ?

すべての人の話をキチンと聞く?

Listen to the story of everyone telling you?

はぁ?

Huh?

そんな人は、「人の意見を聞くだけで、一生を終えればいい」んですよ。

Such a person should finish his/her life, just listening to people's opinions.

・・・・すみません、どうにも気持ちがささくれ立っていまして、思わず「正論」を吐いてしまいました。

... I'm sorry, my feelings are annoyed, so I inadvertently vomited "justice".

閑話休題。

Back on topic.

-----

論文の執筆や手続が、どうにも良く分からなくて、その学会の事務局にメールで質問しています ―― 英語で。

I am not sure how to write the paper and to operate the procedure, I am asking the secretariat of the academic association by e-mail - in English.

事務局の窓口の方は親切な方です。丁寧に色々応えてくれます ―― 英語で。

The person in charge of the secretariat is very kind. It politely responds variously - in English.

しかし、メールに記載されている、事務局の方の名前、どう見ても、日本人なんですよね。

However, the name of the secretariat, which is described in the e-mail, is like Japanese name, no matter how I look at it.

所在地も"Tokyo"って記載されているし、私も"Yokohama"と記載た会社の住所を送付しているし。

The location includes "Tokyo" and I am also sending the address of the company stating "Yokohama".

北欧やアフリカや中東どこかに、"Tokyo"という街がないとは言い切れませんが、ちょっと可能性は低そうです。

Somewhere in Scandinavia, Africa and the Middle East might be called "Tokyo", however , the possibility seems to be low.

-----

日本国内で、日本人同士が、英語のメールを交換する。

In Japan, Japanese people exchanges English messages.

―― なんという無駄なことを

"What a useless think they do!"

と思われるかもしれませんが、こういうアカデミズムの世界にあって、

I agree with you, however, in the world of such academism,

"オフィシャルランゲージ = 英語"

"Official language = English"

というのは、それほどに強い力を有しているのです。

It has such a strong power.

これが、「しきたり」というものです。

This is "customs".

-----

「しきたり」というと

When we say "customs", we make images as follows,

■旧家でである、旦那の実家では、嫁さんは新年会には出られずに、台所でひたすら食事作りと、給仕をするだけ ―― とか、(実話)

- In the old family, at the husband's parents home, his wife should not join the New Year's party, Just to make meals in the kitchen, or just to serve dishes (true story)

■大晦日の夜には、配偶者の親戚全員が応接室に集まり、ソファーに座り(背筋をのばして)、NHK交響楽団の年末コンサートを視聴する、―― とか、(実話)

- On the night of New Year's Eve, all relatives of the spouse gathered in the drawing room, sitting on the sofa (stretching the spine), and watching th NHK symphony orchestra's year-end concert (true story)

というものを思い浮べそうですが、

畢竟、私達の世界は、「しきたり」だけで出来ているといっても過言ではありません。

In conclusion, it is no exaggeration to say that our world is made with just "customs".


2017-09-17 「見逃しません! その暴力、犯罪です!」というポスターが張られるようになりました。 [長年日記]

I watch a poster "Do not miss it! That violence is a crime!"

民間鉄道会社が協力して、一斉にこのポスターを掲示し始めました。

A organization of private railroad company started posting it all at once, I just reconfirmed that.

かつて、映像監視システムの研究に従事してきた私としては、

I am engaged in research on video surveillance systems,

―― 結局のところ、時間の問題だったのか

"After all, it a matter of time isn't it?"

ということを、再確認しただけです。

(Please refer to the item of "For my video data transfer experiment" on this page)

勿論、このポスターの内容について、私は何の意見もありません。

Of course, I have no opinion on the contents of this poster.

Regarding privacy issues, even with the police and judicial checking system, I think that I have no problem.

The Supreme Court also makes the same judgement as I am.

-----

2007年の段階で、ロンドンは、市内に420万台のカメラを設置しており、観光客は一日に約300回も防犯カメラに写されています。

In 2007, London has installed 4.2 million cameras in the city, and tourists are photographed in security cameras almost 300 times a day.

そして、犯罪数の驚異的な激減に成功しています。

And they succeeded in surprisingly sharply reducing the number of crimes.

監視カメラの値段は、1990年くらいを基準にして、0.5%(1/200)まで下がっています。

The price of surveillance cameras has dropped to 0.5% (1/200) on the basis of around 1990.

もはや、監視カメラのコストを理由に、システム設置を否定することはできなくなっています。

It is no longer possible to deny system installation due to the cost of surveillance cameras.

設置や運用のコストも、下手すると、パソコンのインストールより安いかもしれません。

Now, The cost of installation and operation may be cheaper than installing a PC.

-----

以前から私は何度を主張していますが ――

I have insisted on many times from before -

「いじめ」の問題を、本気で解決したいのであれば、学校内の至るところに監視カメラを設置すれば良い。

If we want to solve the problem of "bullying" seriously, we can install surveillance cameras everywhere in the school.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-18 「カメラの映らない場所があれば同じことだ」の理屈は、もう通りません。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

「カメラの映らない場所があれば同じことだ」の理屈は、もう通りません。

The theory of "If there is a place not reflecting the camera is the same thing", we do not pass.

どこにだって、いくつだって、望む数の監視カメラを設置できるようになっているからです(本当に、ポスターを張るくらいの、簡単な感覚で)。

Everywhere, any number, we can install as many surveillance cameras as we want (really, like postering).

暴力を伴わないイジメだって、カメラ映像を長期的に観察しつづければ、「無視」のイジメも簡単に立証できるでしょう。

Even bullying without violence can easily prove a "ignorance bullying" as long as observing the camera image over the long term.

部活などの、監督やコーチの暴言(という名の叱咤激励)なども、全て記録すれば良い。

Directors and coaches' abusive words (which they insist on saying "pep talk") can all be recorded.

監督やコーチたちが主張する「激励叱咤(という名の暴言)」が、どこまで社会的な合意を得られるものであるか、じっくり検証させて頂きましょう。

Let me verify thoroughly whether "encouragement scolding (or abusive words)" claimed by them, is acceptable for our society.

そのようなことをすれば、『教育や部活が成立しなくなる』と言うのであれば、その「教育や部活」は、最初から存在しなくて良いのです。

If they say "doing that, any education and club activity is not established", That "education and club activity" does not have to exist from the beginning.

この機会に、真っ先に潰れて頂きましょう。

On this occasion, let us crush them first.

または、日々激務の教師に「イジメや暴言の兆候」を発見するのには限界がある、というのであれば ―― それ(「兆候検知」)を、ITサービス会社に「外注」してしまいましょう。

Or, if it is said that it is too difficult for teachers with hard work to find "signs of bullying and verbal abuse", - let's "outsource" it ("sign detection") to the IT service company.

「外注」しなくても、多分、現状の画像認識技術で、十分対応可能な範囲と思います("AI"などという、怪しげな用語を出すまでもない)。

Even without "outsourcing", the present image recognition technology is enough to realize the "sign detection" (we do not have to use a dubious term such as "AI").

もし、コストが気になるのであれば、良い提案があります。

If you are concerned about the cost, I have a good proposal.

画像処理をやっている研究ゼミと、行動心理学の研究ゼミのある大学に、研究委託をすれば良いのです ―― 賭けても良いですが ―― タダで、解析やってくれます。彼らは死ぬほどデータが欲しがっているからです。

You should do research consignment to the university, which has both research lab. of both "image processing" and "behavioral psychology". ? - I can bet, the cost will be free. Because they are crazy for the data everyday.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-19 「いじめ対策として、監視カメラを設置している学校が、最後に生き残る」 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

公立の学校で無理なら、まずは私学から、始めてみればいいでしょう。

If it is difficult at a public school, we might start at a private school first.

そういうプライバシーを無視する教育を是とする学校が嫌な保護者や本人は、入学しなくても良いからです。

Students and parents who think that privacy is important, don't have to enter the school.

「監視カメラ設置」を推進する学校には、保険会社と契約して、

Schools that has installed "surveillance camera everywhere", will contract with insurance companies.

「イジメ問題」が発生した場合の、

When the "bullying problem" occurs, the company can pay for

●医療費(暴力は勿論、PSTDについて)や、

- Medical expenses (about violence, of course, about PTSD)

●法廷係争費用、

- Court dispute fee

あるいは

or

●学校のブランド毀損のコスト

- Cost of brand damage at school

を算出して貰って、授業料に反映させれば、さらに良いでしょう。

If the school reflect it in education tuition, it will be even better.

上手くいけば、

Successfully,

●授業料は安くなり、

- Tuition fees become cheaper,

●学校のブランド価値は向上し、

- School's brand value improve,

●保護者のクレームの嵐から、教師のメンタルを守ることもできる

- From the storm of the parent's claim, they can protect the mental of the teacher

ようになるでしょう。

will come true.

そのような学校を選ぶか否かは、本人、または保護者の自由ですが ―― 賭けてもいいです。

Of course, whether or not to choosing such a school depends on the independent judgment of children or parents - but you can bet.

「いじめ対策として、監視カメラを設置している学校が、最後に生き残る」

"A school that installs surveillance cameras will survive"

と。

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-20 私たちは、「監視カメラと共に生きる社会」を、すでに選んだのです。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

理由?

Reason?

冒頭のポスター、ロンドン市、公園、通学路の監視カメラの設置、なにより、

Poster in the top of this thread, London city, public square, and moreover,

ニュースで報道されている、「監視カメラ映像による犯人特定」に、私たちは、何の違和感も感じなくなっています。

We didn't come to feel something wrong with the goods on the culprit from a surveillance camera in a news program.

理由は、これで十分なはずです。

I think it is enough for the reason.

私たちは、「監視カメラと共に生きる社会」を、すでに選んだのです。

We have already chosen the society we live with surveillance cameras

これまで、監視カメラ社会を潰すチャンスはいくらでもあった(*)のに、私たちは、それを看過してきたのです。

We had a lot of chance to crush the society with surveillance cameras, we dare to pass undetected intentionally.

(*)例:日本国内の「Googleストリートビュー」の差止請求は、全て取り下げられている

(*)Ex. all injunctive relieves against "Google street view" had already discharged

今更、きれいごとを言い出すのは、卑怯というものです。

You are so naive if you say "No"

それに、そもそも、私は、子どもの部屋の中に、監視カメラを設置しろといっているのではありません。

Also, to begin with, I am not talking about installing surveillance cameras in children's rooms.

公共の場所において、いじめや暴言を発見し、その原因を特定し、いじめや暴言を抑制する絶対的に効果のある手段を提言しているだけです。

What I am doing are, in public places, discovering bullying and verbal abuse, identifying the cause, and suggesting absolutely effective means to control bullying and verbal abuse.

-----

プライバシーは、人間の尊厳の根幹です。

Privacy is the basis of human dignity.

人間が命をかけて守るべき価値のあるものです。

t is worthy to protect humans with their lives.

それでも、

However,

Once I know the reality of suicide by 50 children (and 131 on September 1) teenagers on average every day,

「そんなものは、比較にならない」と思っています。

I think that "such things are not comparable".


2017-09-21 それが、お前にとっての「最適戦略」である [長年日記]

本日は、コラムがリリースされた日なので、日記はお休みです。

Today, new my column is released, so I take a day off.

"Over the AI(11) ---- beyond a reach of our imagination of AI"

AI Embedded in Mind - Matching Technology Mathematizing Human Psychology

-----

最後のページに登場する「シグナリング理論」と、今回私が絶賛ご紹介中の「VCGメカニズム」を組み合わせると、こういう話になります。

Combining "signaling theory" appearing on the last page with the "VCG mechanism", I can lead the following story.

●お前が努力した日々の努力(勉強やスポーツ)の結果が、

No matter how it become miserable

●どのようにショボイ結果であれ、

about the results of your daily efforts (study and sports),

●それが、お前にとっての「最適戦略」である

That is the "best strategy" for you

という論理に帰着します。

-----

文末に記載した「切ない気持ち」が、「もっと切ない気持ち」になってきます。

The "disgusting feeling" stated at the end of this column, becomes "more disgusting feeling".


2017-09-22 で、あわてて、ラズパイで、学習リモコンを作ることにしました。 [長年日記]

以前、バファローDVRーW1V2/1.0T HDDレコーダーのリモコンが壊れ、代用品を注文したことがあるのですが、今度も壊れかけたら ―― 「リモコン発売終了」 P

reviously, when the remote controller(RC) of Buffalo DVR - W1V2 / 1.0T HDD recorder broke, I ordered a substitute RC. This time the RC also broke again but - "The RC "Remote release finished"

真っ青になりました。

I looked pale.

で、あわてて、ラズパイで、学習リモコンを作ることにしました。

So, in haste, I decided to make a learning RC with "Raspverry PI".

久々に、秋葉原の「秋月電子通商」に行ってきましたが、―― 最近、秋葉原は、輪をかけて「気持ち悪く」なっています。

I went to "akizukidenshi company" in Akihabara for a long time. Recently, Akihabara has become "uncomfortable" more and more.

『私は、秋葉原に部品を買いに来ただけです』と記入された、そういうシャツ売っていないかな。

I wonder if someone try to make a shirt, printed "I have just come to buy electric-parts in Akihabara"

メイドさん。お願いですから、私の歩く方向を塞がないで下さい。

Hi, Maid-san . Please do not close my walking direction.

-----

●欲しい赤外線リモコン受信モジュール"GP1UXC41QS"を1つ ―― だけど、5個セット(250円)だったし

- I wanted one infrared remote control reception module "GP1UXC41QS" - but it was a set of 5 pieces (250 yen) (残り4個)

●欲しい赤外線LED "OSI5LA5113A"は1つ ―― だけど、10個セット(100円)だったし

- I wanted one infrared LED "OSI5LA5113A" - but it was a set of 10 pieces (100 yen) (残り9個)

●欲しいトランジスタ "2SC1815Y"は1つ ―― だけど、10個セット(80円)だったし

- I want one transistor "2SC1815Y" - but it was a set of 10 pieces (80 yen) (残り9個)

●欲しい抵抗1/4W 100Ω、10KΩ は1個づつ ―― だけど、100個セット(100円だし)だったし(残り99個)

- I wanted one 1/4 W 100 Ω, one 10 K Ω - but it was 100 set (100 yen)

誰か、1個づつ1セット部品欲しい人いたら差し上げますので、切手代として100円玉を、私に送付して下さい。

If someone wants one set parts one by one, I will give it, so please send me a 100 yen coin as stamp fee.

-----

This is the circuit diagram.

This is the circuit picture.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-23 パソコン→SSH→ラズパイから、テレビ画面が変化したのを見て、次女が驚いていました。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

>sudo apt-get install lirc

Add the following to the last line of /boot/config.txt

>ls -l /dev/lirc0

で、デバイスファイルを確認

Check the device file

>sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop

>mode2 -d /dev/lirc0

を押下して、リモコンを赤外線リモコンモジュールに向けて何かボタンを押してみると、色々表示されます。

Press and pointing the remote control towards the infrared remote control module and try pressing something, it will be displayed variously.

ここから学習ファイルの作成しました。

I made the learning file from here.

>irrecord -n -d /dev/lirc0 lircd.conf

(操作は、省略)

(Operation is omitted)

This is the file that I made.

Here is a hard copy.

バファローDVRーW1V2/1.0T HDDレコーダーのリモコンが壊れた人は、このデータを使って下さい。

The person who Buffalo DVR - W1V2 / 1.0T Person broke, can use this data.

Here is /etc/lirc/hardware.conf after change

学習が正常に取り込めたかどうかは、このコマンドで確認できます

You can use this command, if this learning was successfully works.

>irw

で、irsendが上手く動かないので(という事実と報告、多数)、以下の2つの画面を上げて、動作を確認する。

So, since irsend does not work well (facts and reports, many), make the following two screens and check the operation.

と、

and

-----

あとね、"reboot"では、なんかデバイスリセットできないみたいですよ。

Also, it seems that you can not reset the device somewhere in "reboot".

私の場合、ネットワークのリセットもできないので、電源切った後で、SDカードの差し入れもしました。

Since I can not reset the network in my case, I also re-inserted the SD card after turning off the power.

ハードウェア系は、色々トラブル多いですよ。

Hardware system has many troubles.

-----

パソコン→SSH→ラズパイから、テレビ画面が変化したのを見て、次女が驚いていました。

From the PC → SSH → Razpai, the second daughter was surprised to see the TV screen changed.


2017-09-24 『私がオタクになっているとしたら、その原因はパパだからね』 [長年日記]

『私がオタクになっているとしたら、その原因はパパだからね』

"If I am an otaku, the reason is "you" "

と次女に言われました。

my second daughter said to me that.

------

確かに、

Surely,

●「化物語」の赤本を、次女に手渡したのは、私です。

(1)It was me who handed the red book of "Bakemonogatari" to the second daughter.

芥川や太宰よりは、読み易い本だと思ったからです。

I thought it was a more readable book than Akutagawa or Dazai.

●(上司から強く勧められた)「マギカまどか」を全話視聴させてのも、私です。

(2)It was also me who made her watch all the story "Magika Madoka" (by highly recommended by my boss).

次女が進学の勉強に本腰になれていない時に、

When she was not used to studying hard for a Junior High School entrance exam, I told her that

『お前は、このような話を"創作"する側になりたいのか?、それとも、線画に、人の言わるままに"着色"する側になりたいのか?』

"Do you want to become the side that creates such story? Or, do you want to become "colored" on the line drawing, by a people's order? "

と、覚悟を迫る為でした。

in order to push for her preparedness.

●「SHIROBAKO」の全話視聴をさせたのも私です。

(3)It was also me who made her watch the whole story of "SHIROBAKO".

「ラクして何かを手に入れるのは、困難である」という事実を説教をするのが、面倒くさかったからです。

I didn't want to preach her to make her understand that "it is difficult to realize something by being easy".

●「Steins;Gate」を全話視聴をさせたのは私です。

(4)It was also me who made her watch the whole story of "Steins;Gate".

歴史に残る名作だからです。

It is a masterpiece that remains in history.

私が彼女にやったことは、この程度のことです。

What I did to her were such things,

------

以上より、次女の主張

According to the above facts, as a matter of course, the second daughter's claim

『私がオタクになっているとしたら、その原因はパパだからね』

"If I am an otaku, the reason is "you" "

が却下されるのは、明らかだと思います。

is going to be rejected obviously


2017-09-25 『今、彼らがやっていること以外に取り得る手段って、何かあるかな?』 [長年日記]

次女に『どうして?』と聞かれたので、私の方から、逆に質問をしてみました。

I asked my second daughter "Why?", So I tried asking questions from me.

-----

●現体制(但し、独裁国家)を維持したい国があって、「何をしでかすか分からん」という国際認識をされることを「織り込み済み」として振る舞っている国があって、

- There is a country that wants to maintain the current system (however, dictatorship state), and behaves as being "Incorporated" to be recognized internationally as "crazy"

●その国は「何をしでかすか分からん」という不確実性によって、パワーバランスの緩衝材として機能してきた国であって、

- and works as a cushioning material for power balance by the uncertainty to be thought "crazy"

●具体的には、真上にある世界最大の超大国(C国)と、右上にある世界最大の超大国(R国)と、真下にある世界最大の超大国(A国)の同盟国の、直接対決を回避する、(強烈な皮肉を込めて)「世界平和維持装置」として機能してきた国がある ―― とする。

- Specifically, the country that have functioned as "world peacekeeping equipment" (with intense irony) to avoid direct confrontation, in the middle of the world's largest superpower right above the country, the world's largest superpower in the upper right of the country, and the ally of the world's largest superpower(A) right under that country.

●ところで、その国は、世界最大の超大国のA国と1950年から現在に至るまで、ずーーーーーーと、交戦状態である(今は休戦しているだけ)で、かなり本気で、A国はその国に内政干渉したいと思っている。

- By the way, the country has been in a state of fighting against A country, from 1950 until now(Now, it is a sate of ceasefire)

という国があると仮定しよう

Let us assume the virtual country.

―― と、私は次女に言いました。

I said that to my second daughter.

-----

江端:「では質問です」

Ebata: "Question."

江端:「この国が、『今後も、どの国からも干渉されることなく、現体制(独裁体制)のままで生き続けたい(国体さえ維持できれば良い)』と考えた場合、

Ebata: "This country has always thought "We want to continue to live in the present system (dictatorship system) without interference from any countries". If the national bodies can be kept, they are enough.

『今、彼らがやっていること以外に取り得る手段って、何かあるかな?』

"Can you come up with something beyond what they are doing now?"

-----

次女:「自主的に議会制民主制に移行するとか・・・」

Second daughter(SD): "Voluntarily shifting to the parliamentary democracy system ..."

江端:「現在の元首とその一族は、間違いなく市民に惨殺されるだろうねえ(like ムッソリーニ)」

Ebata: "Current heads and their families will definitely be slaughtered by citizens (like Mussorini)"

次女:「軍事的な同盟国を探すとか・・・」

SD: "Looking for a military alliance ..."

江端:「同盟国の候補は、ほとんどアメリカに潰されてしまったしねえ」

Ebata: "Candidates for allies were almost destroyed by the US"

次女:「・・・」

SD:"..."

-----

江端:「じゃあ、宿題にしておくから、思いついたら教えて」

Ebata: "Okay, It will be your homework, so tell me if you think of it."


2017-09-26 現代の私たちは、望む望まずに関わらず、マイクロソフト社の「Windows OS」と「Office」の奴隷・・・もとい、ユーザとなっています。 [長年日記]

現代の私たちは、望む望まずに関わらず、マイクロソフト社の「Windows OS」と「Office」の奴隷・・・もとい、ユーザとなっています。

Now, regardless of our hope, we are Microsoft's "Windows OS" and "Office" slaves...I mean "users".

ことわざ辞典の、「勝てば官軍」の説明には、幕末の幕府と新政府軍の例でなく、マイクロソフト社の話を記載する方が、理解が深まると思います。

In the proverb dictionary, in the explanation of "the army if you win", they have to use an example, "Wining story of Microsoft Corporation", instead of the shogunate at the end of the Tokugawa shogunate and the new government army.

By the way, in this column, I wrote a little about "Nash equilibrium" and "Pareto optimal".

マイクロソフト社は、私たちが、数年かけてようやく慣れてきたOSとOfficeを、「もうサポートしない」という脅迫フレーズで、なんどもバージョンアップに追い来んできました。

Many of us have been forced to upgrade our version by Microsoft Corporation, with the threatening phrase "We do not support anymore" OS and Office", though even we have finally got used to OS and Office over the years.

私たちは、古いWindows OSを使うことで、いわゆる「ナッシュ均衡」に至っている訳であって、その世界は、ぬくぬくして、居心地のいい場所なのです。

We use the present Windows OS to reach the so-called "Nash equilibrium", and the world is warm, cozy.

しかし、マイクロソフト社は、「バージョンアップ + サポート停止」という手段をもって、このナッシュ均衡を破って、パレート最適に至らしめているのである ―― という、ウルトラスーパー善意解釈もできなくはないと思っています。

However, Microsoft breaks this Nash equilibrium, and try to be reaching Pareto optimal, as a means of "upgrading + halting support", however I am afraid that this is a Ultra Super good faith for the company.

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-27 ちなみに ―― 私は本気だ。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

だがな、

But,

なんで、"Office"のインタフェースの場所まで変える必要があるんだ? おい、Officeの設計している奴。

Hey, the "Office" designers.

Why do you need to change to the location of the Office interface?

なぜ、日々の仕事で、御前達の製品を使ってやっている、大切なお客様である私たちに、(私なんか、MS-DOSから使っているユーザだ)、多大な迷惑をかけるんだ?

Why are you bothering us, as valued customers who are using your products in their daily life? (I have been a user from the period of MS-DOS).

Officeのメンバは、社内で、バージョン毎に、権力闘争でもしているのか?

Does the development team of "Office" do internal power struggle for each version?

政権を奪取した新政府が、その特色を出すために、既存の政策の「名前」だけを変えて新政策を出しているかのように見せかけるという、あの手口だ。

The way is that a new government, which took office, try to change only the "name" of the existing policy, and make it as if it is a new policy in order to achieve that feature.

-----

本当にいい加減にしろよ。

Don't be silly.

バージョンの違うWordを併用することで、ここ1月の間執筆を続けた私の論文、グチャグチャになってしまっているんだが、一体これは、誰が責任を取ってくれるんだ?

By using different version of "MS Word", the paper I have wrote for this month is collapsed now. Who is responsible for this?

もし、これからも、インターフェースを好き勝手に変えていくというのであれば、私は、ユーザの被害総額を試算して、コラムで公開するぞ。

From now on, if you continue to change the interface as you want, I will calculate the total damage done by the user and publish it in my column.

-----

ちなみに ―― 私は本気だ。

By the way - I am serious.


2017-09-28 ―― うちの町内会って、もしかして、凄くね? [長年日記]

先日、町内会の広報担当の仕事として、あるテーマでグループインタビューをしました。

The other day, I did a group interview as a work of a neighborhood association spokesperson.

そのグループの中には、海外の方(ネイティブは英語)が一人いらっしゃったのですが、

In that group, there was one foreigner (native English), however,

I am sure that "I am second to none to speak nonsense English"

あまり心配はしていませんでした。

I was not too worried.

-----

うん、実際に心配いりませんでした。

Yeah, I really did not have to worry at all.

その方、流暢な日本語しゃべっていたし、

He was speaking fluent Japanese,

細かいことについては、

For details,

広報部の部長が英語でしゃべっていたし、

The director of the public relations department was talking in English, and

インタビュイーの一人は英語翻訳を仕事にしている方だったし。

One of the interviewees is engaged in English translation.

-----

―― うちの町内会って、もしかして、凄くね?

"My neighborhood association is possibly awesome isn't it?"

母集団が小さいので比較はできないものの、

The population is small, so it is difficult to compare my company with my neighborhood association directly, however,

下手すると、私の勤務している会社より、私の町内会の方がグローバル化の対応は速いかもしれれません。

My neighborhood association may be more responsive to globalization.


2017-09-29 だから、私は、本気で「凄いなぁ」と感心することができるんです ―― 「羨しいなぁ」と思ったことはないですが。 [長年日記]

最近、慣れない論文作成で、疲れ果てています。

Recently I have been exhausted from unaccustomed making a paper (Yesterday, I posted it to the academic conference).

山ほどの学術論文を読まなければならないからです。

Because I have to read a pile of papers of others.

論文の最後のページには、著者の履歴が出てくるんですけど、それを読むたびに、

There is a personal history in the last page of a paper. Whenever I read the part,

―― 凄いなあ

"How overwhelming they are"

と感心しています。

I'm impressed.

学歴、職歴、渡航歴、役職、その他もろもろ、まあ、あんなに記載することがあるもんだと ―― イヤミではなく ―― 本気で感心しています。

Educational background, history of employment, history of travel and carrier e.t.c anyway I am really reading their thesis with admiration

私のコラムの著者紹介なんぞ、もうそれ自体が「笑い話」になっていますが ――

On the other hand, my author's note is just a funny story.

いやいや、それはさておき。

No way, above and beyond this.

-----

実際に、いっぱい履歴が書くことのある人は、事実、本当にたくさん働いているんです。

Indeed, a person who can write a lot of personal history, has work hard for a lot.

私の経験上、そういう人は、感じの良く、礼儀正しく、楽しい人が多いです。

In my experiment, the person is likeable, polite and merry person.

つまり、

I mean,

●感じの良く、礼儀正しく、楽しい人が、権威のある重要な仕事に登用される訳でして、

most of the persons who is likeable, polite and merry person can gain appointment to a high position, and

●そういう人の日々は、一般的に激務で、

they has usually excessive hard works,

●その上、その激務をあまり辛いと感じない、

in addition, they don't feel the works hard.

という人が多いみたいです。

だから、私は、本気で「凄いなぁ」と感心することができるんです ―― 「羨しいなぁ」と思ったことはないですが。

So, I can really admire "they are awesome" seriously - I never thought "I envy them".

(続く)

(To be continued)


2017-09-30 政治家の経歴なんぞ、私には、何にもヒットしません。 [長年日記]

(昨日の続きです)

(Continuation from yesterday)

選挙の時のポスターの中にも、こういう履歴を見つけることがあるのですが ―― 不思議と、こっちは何も感じません。

I can find person history in a campaign poster, however, I cannot fell anything in this case.

というか、ポスターの中に、そんな履歴を記載するくらいなら、「政治家としての、自分のKPI(Key Performance Indicator)と、その達成度を数値で書けよ」と思います。

I mean, I think that why not write your goal of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) as a politician, rather than writing your history ?

政治家にとって経歴なんぞ、私には、何にもヒットしません。

A politician's history doesn't appeals to my emotions at all.

It is not so much as a "signal"

-----

政治家のKPIは、本来、政治活動に関するものが望ましいことは、言うまでもありません。

The KPI of a politician must be hopeful about their political activities.

しかし、政策の中でも、外交、行政に関する、いわゆる「ソフトサービス」に関するKPIは、非常に数値にし難い上に、間違いなく「嘘」が入る。(勿論、その計算や数値を開示してくれれば、私が解析しますけど)

However, so-called, "software service" KPIs, like diplomacy, administration are difficult to express numerically, and includes a lie.

であるから、「道路の拡張工事」とか「橋の数」とか「新幹線の停車駅」とか、増加人口数のようは「ハードサービス」が、地元利益誘導型としてのシグナリングになる訳です。

So, for example, "load expansion project" and "numbers of bridge" and "a new station for shinkansen-line" such "hardware services" has come to be a "signal" for breeding ground for the dispensation of favors.

しかし、人口減少が激化し、社会インフラの維持すら困難になる我が国において、今や「ハードサービス」なんぞ、アホなことを言っている政治家なんぞに、未来はありません。

However, now decreasing population, and being difficult to maintain social infrastructure, the politician, who keep saying about hardware services, is going to be dead end.

-----

これからの、政治家のKPIは、

In the future, the KPI of politicians is going to be

●定量化できる

quantifiable,

●有権者個人(×地元)の利益にダイレクトに反映する

individual interest first, (not local profit)

●ソフトサービス

software services.

にこそ、価値があり、そのKPIと、その成果こそが、ポスターに掲示されるべき情報のはずです。

So both the KPI and the result should be disclosed on their poster.

-----

とすれば、KPIの項目は、どうしたって、こうなるはずです。

If it is true, the items of their KPI should be as follows.

(1)お見合い(または合コン)実施数

(1)Numbers of marriage meeting,

(2)成婚率

(2)Success rate of the marriage.

(3)成婚後の出生率

(3)Birth rate after the marriage.

さらに、

In addition, if

(4)上記(2)の中に、LGBTのカップルを含む率

(4)LGBT couple rate in the above (2)

などを加えれば、江端的にはポイント高いです。

will be added, they could get Ebata's appreciation.

―― まあ、世間一般的には、上記(4)は、時期尚早なのかもしれませんが。

The above issue might be rejected as being premature, in general